Notes Re: Lucent L’Amour 2009
Just before jetting off to Hawai’i (possibly never to be heard from again?), Losanjealous socialite/bon vivant contributor-at-large Glennie faxed in these rough column post-it notes, presumably regarding a recent evening at Lucent L’Amour 2009. We share them with you now: unpolished, unrefined, unbowdlerized. Enjoy.
- People look like a cross between Mystery from “The Pickup Artist” and the Snuggle laundry detergent teddy bear.
- One of the early DJs at the Boom Wow stage: Imagika
Hip hop trip hop MIA flutes black hair bangs glamazon in ewok tent.
- Marques wyatt in a dj booth surrounded by speaker parts and fronts and tweeters
House music that draws people to Deep every Sunday.
Slipped in some tweaked Gangstarr.
- The kind of music that I would want to rollerskate to.
- A guy with a gigantic bunny mascot head.
- That song that starts “this is a journey through sight and sound.”
- Finishes his set with classic rock song “talkin bout loooove sweet love.”
- “Without love, where would you be now?”
- Back over to Boom Wow stage for ztrip. Power keeps going out.
- Starts with “the loooooooove boat”
- Around the world daft punk
- Adam freeland closes the night at boom wow stage. Starts and ends with under control under control
- Obama song in the middle (adam freeland obama speak and spell song check youtube!)
- Crazy party bohemian princess women dancing in the dj booth with adam
- Patch around sleeve of leather jacket says “say yeah”
- A girl leans over to him and I can hear her say…
- “Do you have a valentine?”