Top 10 Things I Learned Browsing the L.A. County Coroner Web Site
- Its intro page animation runs for two minutes and ten seconds.
- In 2001 five people died from falling out of a tree.
- To help off-set monetary losses, the Coroner’s Office opened a shop called Skeletons In The Closet in September 1993.
- Its most popular items are the Coroner Tee Shirts and the Woven Beach Towels.
- You can request a catalog online.
- The site is laced with punny taglines such as “Our Commitment Burns Bright”, “We Have Our Work Cut Out For Us”, and “Stay Cool.”
- A complete private autopsy will run you about five grand.
- The Unidentified Persons List includes photos of facially recognizable subjects.
- You will have nightmares after viewing the Unidentified Persons List.
Visit the L.A. County Coroner Web Site.